Guildford, UK, Permanent
With a passion to deliver high-end cinematic games, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced HR Manager to join the operations team at Supermassive Games. This is a new role, created to work with the senior leadership team to support and develop the people and culture of a world-class game studio.
You know what it takes to maintain a fair and inclusive work environment.
You are passionate about supporting, developing and retaining excellent employees, and you understand the value of recruiting the right people at the right time.
You want to take on a hands-on managing role for a rapidly developing function in a growing company.
We are a friendly and welcoming team who are looking for the right person to join us in this key role for the studio.
- A strong track record in hands-on human resources
- Been responsible for managing and growing a successful HR team
- A thorough understanding of modern HR best practice
- Experience in the practical application of relevant employment law.
- A people-focused, pragmatic approach to HR.
You will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the senior leadership team to support and develop the people and culture of Supermassive Games.
- Developing strong relationships across the business and being able to add value immediately to people practices within the wider team.
- Advising and assisting people across a company of over 200 employees.
- Managing all HR administration across the employment cycle, including candidate offers, induction, probation reviews, appraisals, variation to contracts, etc.
- Reviewing and improving people policies and procedures.
- Coaching and working alongside managers, providing input across a range of HR issues including absence management, performance, HR policy, compensation and resourcing.
- Using people data and information to analyse trends and develop solutions to tackle any issues.
- Assisting with compensation discussions and managing the salary and performance management processes internally working closely with the leadership team.
- Supporting and improving the recruitment and onboarding processes.
- Overseeing the smooth-running of payroll, pension and benefits schemes.
- Maintaining and reviewing benefits packages and staff perks.
- Ad-hoc HR projects.
Employment Legislation, Compliance and Policy:
- Contributing to and, where appropriate, defining/designing relevant internal HR policies and processes.
- Keeping the staff handbook and HRIS up to date, updating employment contracts where relevant.
- Managing and resolving employee relations issues including grievances, disciplinaries, sickness issues, etc.
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of legal requirements, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Keeping the leadership team informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of organisation goals and those that are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
- Understanding and anticipating the need for change and growth. Able to diagnose the underlying issues and implement action plans to manage this within the business.
- Providing guidance and input on business unit restructures or organisational changes
- You value principals over processes.
- You can balance the needs of the business with supporting people’s individual needs.
- You have empathy for others while staying objective.
- You have a strong instinct to improve things not just to accept the status quo.
- You are keen to learn and set up new systems and procedures when required.
- You are adaptable and able to change with the business.
- You are skilled at resolving conflict
- You are an excellent communicator – personable, enthusiastic and able to clearly communicate with all different types of people.
- You are organised and self-motivated, able to prioritise your own work and deal with many different tasks at once in an efficient and methodical way.
- You are pragmatic and hands-on – happy to roll up your sleeves and help out where needed.
- You handle highly confidential information in an honest and trustworthy way.
- Experience using at least one HRIS
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Teams
OTHER SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
These aren't essential, but may help you in the role:
- CIPD Advanced Diploma
- You’ve worked for a video game company, or in a similar creative industry
- You’ve worked in a rapidly growing company
YOU ALSO NEED TO BE:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Committed to quality
- Creative and innovative
WHY JOIN US:
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension and life assurance
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect