Guildford, UK, Permanent
With a passion to deliver high-end cinematic games, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey? We’re looking for an experienced BI Analyst/Developer to join our central Management Information Systems (MIS) team. This role will give you the opportunity to work with various groups across the business including publishing, game development, management, finance, and live service, with a view to providing them key performance information on both an ad hoc and regular basis. This is a new and growing team in the company and the knowledge and experience you bring will be instrumental in shaping how we develop and move forward.
- Building reports/dashboards from various onsite/cloud/application data sources for purposes such as game telemetry, project tracking, finance & HR, using appropriate tools.
- Providing commentary and investigation/analysis of data to highlight meaningful trends and information.
- Gather requirements and respond to requests from customers for information on an ad hoc basis, or by including new requests into existing reports.
- Work with team members & customers across the company to identify, learn and understand their data points, key metrics, and other requirements thoroughly.
- Coordinate with and work alongside other MIS team members to prioritise and manage report delivery.
- Help build a new game telemetry reporting service within MIS.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of metrics and data relevant to video games player telemetry e.g., player activities, retention, cross-product tracking, design metrics, purchases etc.
- Building secure, live, network accessible dashboards with filtering/slicing capability and good use of visual formats to illustrate and highlight information.
- Experience using tools such as Azure Data Explorer/SQL DB/Synapse and Power BI.
- Experience querying large complex data sets from both onsite and cloud sources.
- Familiarity with SQL, NoSQL, JSON, columnar data e.g. Parquet, and query performance optimisation.
- Basic understanding of GDPR compliance, particularly relating to PIl
Other desirable skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge of data analysis, statistics, and statistical modelling methods relating to financial data and/or live service operations
- Experience administering and querying data from PlayFab.
- Knowledge and use of REST API, advanced Excel, VBA, C#, Python, Power Query/Pivot, MS Dynamics, Jet Reports, Jira, SharePoint etc.
- Experience dealing with cloud data tools and services in Azure and AWS
- Qualification in computer science, statistics, mathematics, or related discipline.
Why join us?
- We make big games with small teams - you will play a full and active role
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Private health insurance
- Life assurance x6 time annual salary
- Quarterly profit related bonus scheme
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive games