Senior Environment Artist (Realistic)
Guildford, UK, Permanent
With a passion to deliver high-end cinematic games, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
We are seeking a highly talented and experienced Senior Environment Artist (Realistic) to work on one of our exciting new projects!
The primary role of this position is work with the lead and the art director to bring our cinematic worlds to life, with a key emphasis on scene composition and atmosphere.
- Work with the lead to create high quality environments and assets that are in keeping with the art direction.
- Have ownership and be responsible for whole environments.
- Using production design to take environments from whitebox to final production quality.
- Act on feedback to bring scenes to a final quality in an iterative manner.
- Knowledge of the technical constraints of game production, to produce optimal assets and scenes, and willingness to give input into the technical requirements/boundaries for the scene.
- Creating appropriate and detailed props for character interaction.
- Collaborating with other disciplines such as character, lighting and VFX artists, graphics programmers and level designers to create a AAA game experience.
- Helping with the planning and estimation of work.
Skills and experience required:
- At least 5 years of experience as a 3D artist, working on at least one or more published titles, preferably full project cycles.
- In-depth understanding and practical experience of high-end 3D modelling and PBR material pipeline.
- Detailed knowledge of the workflows and methods involved in constructing a high-quality game environment.
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates the ability to create realistic assets, from individual props through to full scenes.
- A good knowledge of a modular workflow.
- Substance Painter / Designer
- Experience in Unreal Engine 4 or similar.
- Zbrush knowledge would be an advantage.
The candidate should have:
- Strong compositional skills and artistic expertise.
- A keen eye for detail, proportion and accuracy
- Ability to construct + manage a scene and to use judgement where to save time via reuse and adaptation.
- Strong understanding of art fundamentals – compositions, shape language, colour theory.
- Ability to work independently and to be self-critical towards one’s artwork.
- A highly positive and proactive work ethic.
- A drive to constantly push art quality.
- A creative and problem-solving attitude.
- We make big games with small teams - you will play a full and active role
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension and life assurance
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive games