Guildford, UK, Permanent
We’re looking for a Technical Producer to support the technical development which will underpin the growth of our studio and the ambition of our current development portfolio.
We strongly believe in people taking ownership and responsibility and that working together as teams to solve problems, achieve goals and deliver working software is critical to our success.
- An understanding of the context of games development is key to this role and we are therefore expecting that prospective candidates for this role will have previous experience working as a Producer, Project Manager or Programmer on a game development team.
- You should have an excellent understanding of technically efficient development pipelines and workflows for all aspects of game development. The ability to articulate technical information in a way that it can be understood by non-technical people is also essential to the role.
- Working with the Technical Director and reporting to the Director of Design and Technology, you will collaborate to define and facilitate the studio’s technical strategy, alongside a core technical team and with individual projects to deliver the technical features, tools and pipelines the studio needs.
- Technical work and resource planning at both a high level ‘big picture’ and detailed, week-by-week task-focused plans
- Supplier management, liaising with middleware companies or technical suppliers such as performance capture specialists
- Working with a wide range of people from the most senior to the most junior, willing to both listen carefully and challenge hard
- Identifying process and planning issues and tenaciously following through to resolve them, adapting the teams approach to improve performance
- Experience of working in a constructively critical, open and honest culture
- Experience working on current-gen consoles or high-end PC, preferably on at least one multi-platform title
- Experience with Unreal Engine, and a variety of middleware solutions.
- A grasp of Agile and especially Scrum
- Fanatical about details and meticulously organised
- Practical working knowledge of Excel and Trello
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Team focussed
- Creative and innovative