Guildford, UK, 6 Month FTC or Freelance
We’re looking for a Storyboard Artist to join the team at Supermassive Games. Reporting to the Creative Director you will be an integral part of the concept art team, producing high quality storyboards.
- At least 2 years experience of storyboarding in either film or games.
- Experience of at least 1 published game.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Meeting with the Production Design Director to discuss the desired objectives of the current project.
- Creating high quality storyboards to the brief set by the Creative Director or project Game Director.
- Clearly communicating progress of work to project directors and highlighting any immediate concerns.
- Meeting all project deadlines as determined by the Development Manager.
- Attending and contributing to relevant meetings and pitches as needed.
- A keen interest in photography and film.
- The ability to work in a variety of styles.
- Good character and architectural drawing skills.
- An understanding of light and tone.
- Good knowledge of film camera angles and the importance of good framing i.e. architectural v character.
- An understanding of set layout for lighting and camera.
- Understanding of camera lens/definitions i.e. Close up and wide.
- Understanding of camera movement/definitions i.e. Track and crane.
- Good storytelling through visuals.
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality
- Creative and innovative
The role reports to the studio's Operations Director