Guildford, UK, Permanent
With a passion to deliver both high-end interactive drama and immersive VR experiences, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
We’ve harnessed Unreal Engine 4 and built a suite of powerful, world-class systems on top of it. Now we need you to help us take this further. You’ll be engineering brand new features, from basic prototypes through to robust, reusable systems that underpin all of our upcoming games.
In other words you’ll be playing a key role in developing our future games.
What we're looking for:
- Experience and a deep understanding of client/server and peer to peer networking models for AAA games.
- Confidence balancing a seamless player experience with accurate replication, whilst accounting for bandwidth limitations and data security.
- Ability to mentor gameplay and systems coders - helping them to employ efficient schemes for data replication and messaging - and design and implement co-op and/or competitive multiplayer game play features.
We'd be especially impressed by:
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 networking. You'll have an understanding of the replication and RPC system, its strengths and weaknesses, and methods to profile and optimise network load.
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality
- Creative and innovative