Guildford, UK, Freelance or Fixed Term Contract - 3 Months
We are looking for contract level designers to join the team at Supermassive Games.
You’ll need to be an all-round expert with Unreal Engine’s level building and scripting tools!
The position is in-house at Supermassive Games in Guildford.
We’re after someone with the ability to:
- Design compelling action gameplay spaces
- Iterate moment-to-moment gameplay to great quality, collaborating with the project’s Game Director
- Build white-box levels
- Script levels/missions, gameplay events and cinematic sequences
- Create AI control, including pathing, events, navigation, etc.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A proven track record with Unreal’s level building tools and their scripting languages
- Understanding of spatial streaming constraints and designing with them in mind
- Demonstrate experience of a collaborative approach to game making, showing how you worked together with the other disciplines/team members to realize the best possible game play experience
- The ability to balance and adjust gameplay experiences based on feedback
- A logical approach and solid problem solving skills
- A passion for games of all types
- The desire and knowledge to push for quality!
Other Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- A great portfolio of game work that speaks to our key requirements
- At least one year of design experience in a team, working on a published game
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Creative and innovative