Junior Audio Designer
Guildford, UK, 6 Months Fixed-Term/Freelance
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Junior Audio Designer to work in-house within our accomplished Audio team.
If you understand the importance of audio in delivering visceral engagement within a game experience and how subtle detail and emotionally driven sound design can enhance a player’s immersion - and have a desire for excellence - then we’d very much like to hear from you.
The role requires an excellent ear for detail and a strong desire to create incredible, crafted and innovative audio experiences for our titles.
The successful candidate will need experience in the core skills of sound design and dialogue production.
The position is in-house at Supermassive Games in Guildford, UK.
- Own, and deliver to quality, areas of the project’s audio experience
- Work closely with the Audio Director and Lead Audio Designer to understand and implement the audio direction for the game.
Key Skills and Experience
- At least one year’s experience in sound design/dialogue production
- Experience of dialogue editing
- Experience of implementing sound into games using various game development tools, pipelines and technology.
- Proficiency with Audiokinetic’s Wwise
- Good knowledge of DAW and sample editor
- Strong communication skills coupled with fast delivery to quality
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Unreal Engine 4 Experience
- Outstanding VO production skills
- Experience with SFX and Ambient Sound Design
- Good recording skills for sfx and Foley, studio and external environments
- Film / linear post-production skills
The candidate should have
- A highly positive and proactive work ethic.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- A desire to learn and improve on their skillset.
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Creative and innovative