Guildford, UK, Permanent
With a passion to deliver experiences such as high-end interactive drama and immersive VR, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
We’ve harnessed Unreal Engine 4 and built a suite of powerful, world-class systems on top of it. Now we need you to help us take this further.
You’ll be developing new renderer techniques to meet the graphical ambition of our new games, and helping to create robust, reusable systems that will underpin all of our upcoming games. You’ll also be helping to improve the tools and pipelines for content creators and to optimise existing graphics code.
In other words you’ll be playing a key role in developing our future games.
What we're looking for:
- Expert in C++ - you’ve worked with C++ for 5+ years, and contributed to shipped games on PC or console.
- Graphics Guru – you are passionate about the latest rendering techniques and achieving the highest possible graphical quality in-game, and understand cutting-edge renderer and pipelines inside out.
- Practical – you’re able to provide solutions that are efficient and easy to use for content creators, and take into account the needs of the game. You are able to prototype new ideas rapidly to help determine the best way to achieve the vision.
- Great Communicator - you can talk about your work. You’ll be as comfortable specifying a task with artists and collaborating on a shared codebase with engineers as you are taking feedback from directors and producers.
We'd be especially impressed by:
- Knowledge of multiple platforms. Excellent knowledge of high-end graphics on PC and multiple consoles.
- Low-level code knowledge. Proven ability to dig down into code systems and profile, optimise or debug them.
- Experience with Virtual or Augmented Reality. Understanding the rendering techniques and limitations of different VR implementations, and how to achieve the best balance of quality and efficiency.
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality
- Creative and innovative