Front End Programmer
Guildford, UK, 6-Month FTC / Freelance
Supermassive Games are looking for a highly talented Front End Programmer to join the studio.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Front End Programmer or Web Developer.
- Experience using Unreal Engine 4 or Coherent GT would be an advantage, but not essential.
Key skills and responsibilities
The main and routine tasks of this position are:
- Working closely with a graphic artist to produce high-quality front end UI elements that can be interfaced with the Unreal Engine game code.
- Creating a library of re-usable UI elements that can be used to quickly build new menus, presentation graphics and HUD.
- The role may be expanded in future to include back-end menu/UI programming in C++.
Technical skills / knowledge
- Good understanding of a CSS preprocessor such as LESS or SASS
- Experience working with Scalable Vector Graphics
- Previous experience in game UI development would be an advantage, but not required.
The candidate should have
- A highly positive and proactive work ethic.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- A desire to learn and improve on their skillset.
- A portfolio containing web pages or projects demonstrating the required skills.
You also need to be
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality
- Creative and innovative
The role reports to the studio's Operations Director