Guildford, UK, Permanent
Supermassive Games are looking for a highly talented and experienced Audio Director to play a key role in the studio.
The primary responsibility of this role is to oversee all aspects of audio content production and implementation across several of our games. You will also be responsible for helping to define the creative vision, the quality bar and optimal workflows for asset generation for those products.
- Experience as an audio director in video game development, working on at least two AAA titles.
- Strong practical experience of all aspects of game sound design.
- Experience selecting, commissioning and implementing in-game music.
- The ability to inspire, direct and mentor a team of audio designers.
- Experience in film or TV audio design or direction would be an advantage.
- Help to define and communicate a consistent creative vision alongside other discipline directors.
- Define the processes, pipelines and direction that will enable the team to deliver a high quality game.
- Review and direct all content across multiple games to achieve excellent audio that enhances the gameplay experience.
- When required, get hands-on in designing and implementing audio content.
- Mentor members of the audio team.
- Wide experience of implementing sound into games using various game development tools, pipelines and technology.
- High proficiency with Audiokinetic’s Wwise.
- In-depth expertise with DAW and sample editor.
- Experience with ambient sound design and dialogue.
- Good recording skills for SFX and Foley, in studio and external environments.
- Good understanding of music theory.
- VR audio experience a bonus.
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Team focussed
- Creative and innovative