Guildford, UK, 6 Months Fixed-Term/Freelance
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Audio Designer to work in-house within our accomplished Audio team.
If you understand the importance of audio in delivering visceral engagement within a game experience and how subtle detail and emotionally driven sound design can enhance a player’s immersion - and have a desire for excellence - then we’d very much like to hear from you.
The role requires an excellent ear for detail and a strong desire to create incredible, crafted and innovative audio experiences for our titles.
The successful candidate will need experience in all phases of audio design and production, with high proficiency in core skills of sound design, music editing, Foley and dialogue production.
The position is in-house at Supermassive Games in Guildford, UK.
- Own, and deliver to quality, interlinking areas of the project’s audio experience
- Concept, create and integrate, narrative enhancing, immersive sound design
- Work closely with the Audio Director and Lead Audio Designer to help define and implement the project audio direction.
Key Skills and Experience
- At least three years of experience in sound design / game sound, ideally in AAA.
- Wide experience of implementing sound into games using various game development tools, pipelines and technology.
- High proficiency with Audiokinetic’s Wwise
- Good knowledge of DAW and sample editor
- Experience with SFX and Ambient Sound Design & Dialogue.
- Good recording skills for sfx and Foley, studio and external environments
- Strong communication skills coupled with the ability to deliver great sound design in a short cadence of delivery.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Unreal Engine 4 Experience
- Film / linear post-production skills
- Previous game VR audio experience a bonus.
- Good understanding of music theory and music editing experience
- Understanding of simple coding techniques
The candidate should have
- A highly positive and proactive work ethic.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- A desire to learn and improve on their skillset.
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Creative and innovative