Guildford, UK, Freelance or Fixed Term Contract - 3 Months
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Audio Designer to work in house within the accomplished Audio team.
If you understand the importance of audio in delivering visceral engagement within a game experience, how subtle detail and emotionally driven sound design can enhance a player’s immersion and have a desire for excellence, then we’d very much like to hear from you.
The role requires an excellent ear for detail and a strong desire to create incredible, crafted and innovative audio experiences for our titles.
The successful candidate will need experience in all phases of audio design and production, with high proficiency in core skills of sound design, Foley and dialogue production.
The position is in-house at Supermassive Games in Guildford.
- Own, and deliver to quality, areas of the project’s audio experience
- Concept, create and integrate, narrative enhancing, immersive sound design
- Work closely with the Audio Director to establish and further the audio direction
Key skills and experience
- At least two years of experience in sound design / game sound, ideally in AAA
- Wide experience of implementing sound into games using various game development tools, pipelines and technology
- High proficiency with Audiokinetic’s Wwise
- Good knowledge of DAW and sample editor
- Experience with ambient sound design and dialogue
- Good recording skills for sfx and Foley, studio and external environments
- Strong communication skills coupled with the ability to deliver great sound design in a short cadence of delivery
Other Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Unreal Engine 4 Experience
- Film / linear post-production skills
- Previous game VR audio experience a bonus
- Good understanding of music theory
- Understanding of simple coding techniques
You should have:
- A highly positive and proactive work ethic
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- A desire to learn and improve on your skillset
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Creative and innovative