Guildford, UK, Permanent
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Audio Designer to work within the established VR Audio team here at Supermassive. The role requires an excellent ear for detail and a strong desire to create incredible, crafted and innovative VR Audio experiences for our titles.
The candidate should have experience in all phases of audio design and production, with proficiency in every key component – sound design, Foley, music and dialogue production. The candidate should be able to demonstrate and perform technical skills in system design and implementation techniques, whilst keeping a strong eye on performance and stability. The audio designer would be required to work in-house at Supermassive Games in Guildford.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- At least five years of experience in sound design / game sound, ideally in AAA.
- Wide experience of implementing sound into games using various game development tools, pipelines and technology.
- Excellent proficiency in Audiokinetic’s Wwise.
- Ability to see a project from conception to completion, working with the Audio Director to define vision for the title and delivering the final product in line with style, focus pulling mix and adhering to technical standards.
- Strong communication skills coupled with a problem solving and user focussed attitude to prioritisation of tasks
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Previous VR game audio experience a bonus.
- Unreal Engine 4 Experience
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality
- Creative and innovative
The role reports to the studio's Operations Director